- This event has passed.
Kelp Farmer Social at Maine Craft Distilling
April 28, 2022 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Calling all kelp farmers, kelp lovers, and the kelp curious! Join Seaweed Week at Maine Craft Distilling for our first-ever Kelp Farmer Social!
Whether you’re a kelp farmer, want to meet a kelp farmer, or are just as obsessed with seaweed as we are, all are invited to network and gather at this casual happy hour.
From April 27-29th, Portland will also be host to the Northeast Aquaculture Conference & Expo, with sea farmers, scientists, businesses, and professionals taking over the town!
Our happy hour host is Maine Craft Distilling, home of 50 Stone Whiskey (made from seaweed-smoked barley). Besides their whiskey, they’ll have craft seaweed cocktails and other unique menu specials.
- We’ll have badges so folks can self identify as a kelp farmer, or just kelp curious. (And of course, you can just come and do your own thing too!).
Meet a sea farmer or scientist
- Feel free to chat up a kelp/shellfish farmer, seaweed scientist, or enjoy a cocktail with friends
- Stop by the Seaweed Week demo table to up your seaweed knowledge and learn about this climate-friendly crop with Maine Sea Grant
- 50 Stone Whiskey
- STOF (Sea Tangle Old Fashioned) – 50 Stone Whiskey, honey-salted simple syrup, bitters, garnished with dulse
- DLT sandwich – Dulse, lettuce, tomato, parsley lemon mayo, Big Sky anadama bread
- Trad Tuesday plays 7 to 9 PM
- Seaweed Week
- Maine Sea Grant